Hi and welcome to Ugliestuck! This is just getting started but we hope it will grow into something awesome. For those who don’t know, this is a Homestuck AU of the characters living in the world of Scott Westerfeld’s Uglies dystopian scifi series.
We have a few people who have claimed characters so far for the RP group, and it would be great to start getting some character sheets posted so we can get this thing on the road. Don’t worry about making it fancy, but if you want to add images or an additional oneshot fic about your character go for it.
It looks like we’ll be starting in the timeline of the first three Uglies books, so the social stratifications of uglies, pretties, etc will be in place. What we do with this, if we want the story to develop into an Extras type of society or develop the society into something completely different, is totally up to us!
Some basic information to include in your character sheet would be
- name and age (plus character blog link)
- “type” of character they start out as (Ugly, Pretty, Smokie, Special, etc.)
- what mansion they live in if they’re a pretty (mansions are named after “natural pretties” such as Hepburn or DiCaprio)
- a brief description of their surge mods if they have any (horns, eye jewels, gills, tattoos, etc) and a description of their appearance. This is humanstuck but remember, with all the crazy mods pretties get anything is possible!
- any nicknames they earned as an ugly or pretty
- cliques they might be a member of if they’re a pretty (there are a few mentioned in the books, but you are more than welcome to create your own!)
- a brief bio of their interests, likes/dislikes, personality, life as a littlie, anything else you want to add
This seems like a lot, but it’ll be so helpful to have this information once the RP starts in order to understand logistics and stuff. We have the plan of having individual character blogs, and using this main blog as a central place to post announcements, prompts, and to post/reblog any RP logs, fic or art people make.
RP logs can be either paragraph form or chat form, though it’d be so so nice if everyone attempted good grammar and spelling. Typing in quirks is not a requirement, especially in paragraph form, though it would be fun to have any chats written with quirks.
I think that’s everything for now? It’s a lot at once but it’s just to get this thing started, it’ll be a very freeform RP once everything’s set up.